Health for Garmin provides direct access to the health metrics stored in Garmin Connect. Just enter your Garmin ID and all of the health metrics that you have uploaded from your Tanita weighing scale will be available on your iPhone or iPad.
Don’t have a Tanita scale or on the road? No problem. Health for Garmin allows you to upload the full range of weight measurements directly to Garmin Connect. If you have other sources of weight measurement data and just want to track them in Garmin Connect, then Health for Garmin is the app for you.
You can also choose whether you want to store Tanita data locally on your device instead of Garmin data. The main reason for this is that Tanita allows multiple health records to be stored per day compared to Garmin which only allows one record per day. So if you weigh yourself more than once a day, this feature is for you.
If you’d like to use your health data in other apps or websites, then you can also export all of your data to a CSV file. This file will be sent by email to you or anyone you specify. The CSV file is formatted to support direct conversion into .FIT format if required.
Current features include:
- Display of current weight, body fat and BMI based on your own personal detail
- Graphs of weight, body fat and muscle mass over time
- Upload the full range of health metrics directly to Garmin Connect
- Export the full range of health metrics in CSV format
- Detailed list of each weight entry recorded that provides access to:
- Body Fat
- Body Water
- Bone Mass
- Muscle Mass
- Physique Rating
- Visceral Fat
- Metabolic Age
- Caloric Intake
- Weight details are colour-coded based on industry guidelines
- Statistics showing your first recorded value compared to the most recent
- Graph showing the all-time lowest value and highest value for selected metrics
- Synchronise all of your health data stored on myTanita with Garmin Connect
Health for Garmin is available now for iPhone and iPad.